Monday, August 16, 2010

Aquino launches presidential website to get feedback from people


Honestly, I would rather that my blog site be apolitical. However, from time to time, I can't help but comment on interesting stuff in the headlines that catch my attention. I think that's in line with my intention of being random. I saw the article on the paper about the launching of the presidential website. It's not the first time that I have checked it out. I've done so a few times during the past administration. But today was the first time I revisited it, mainly due to the news article. I wanted to know if indeed it was true that citizens of the country can now post their views and suggestions on the site. I was struck by how seemingly simple the new site looks, compared to the previous one. For me, it now looks more user friendly. The part I like most is the link that reads 'Transparent Government.' Clicking on it takes you to a page where there are comments from various posters. At the bottom is where you can send in your own comments/ suggestions. That's pretty interesting if you ask me. I commend the government's efforts of reaching out to the people. I only hope that this would pave the way for better governance of the nation. After all, the people of the Philippines truly deserve a better life. 
Screen shot from the President's website

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for visiting and I'd love to hear from you... ^_^