Sunday, August 15, 2010

King of the Jungle

(credits to the owner of the picture)

Tonight my daughter and I had one of those bonding nights again. The last time was probably a month ago wherein she asked me to watch with her a vcd of Barbie and the Three Musketeers. That was part of her collection. As it turned out, the movie wasn't so bad. Being young at heart, I actually enjoyed it. But I guess what was more fun was the fact that it was a mother-daughter bonding night. Going back, tonight she asked me to watch Lion King II with her. I don't know why she suddenly developed this fascination for the Lion King movies. I know I've seen the movies a long time ago. But it would be fun to enjoy another bonding night so I agreed.

While we were watching, I happened to wonder aloud how come the lion is called the king of the jungle. Indeed, have you ever wondered about that too? It turns out that a lot of other people already wondered about the same thing. In fact, upon searching for the answer, I found one interesting page on WikiAnswers. It said that lions don't live in the jungle. Therefore, referring to the lion as the king of the jungle is actually a misnomer. Yahoo! Answers for UK & Ireland also has an informative page on the same question. Do check it out as I found the answers really interesting. There was even a funny comment  asking if you would want to go one on one with the lion and claim the title. LOL! ^_^ I certainly would not want to challenge any lion for the title, lest I become dinner. :p I guess I am somehow satisfied with the answers I found. I hope the same for you. I'm sure there are lots more resources out there in case you want to research any further.


For now, I'm off to bed. It's been another busy day. I'm just glad there's still Sunday left of the weekend. Enjoy your day! Till next time...... Ta-tah! ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for visiting and I'd love to hear from you... ^_^