Monday, August 30, 2010

DoLE issues National Heroes’ Day holiday pay rules

DoLE issues National Heroes’ Day holiday pay rules - INQUIRER.net, Philippine News for Filipinos


Yup! One of my fave topics indeed... holidays and holiday pay! LOL ^_^ It's not a working day for me today; well, not technically, that is. I didn't have to go to the office, but I did have a tutorial earlier today. Plus there's another one later tonight. Ahh I love holidays. These are days I can bum around during the day and sleep endlessly for many hours! However, since I got caught up in this earning online thing, I'd rather click away the hours than sleep them away. LOL! :D For those who are working today, it would be good to check out the guidelines such as the article on the Inquirer or you can also visit the website of the Department of Labor & Employment.

National Heroes' Day (Araw ng mga Bayani) is a public holiday in the Philippines, celebrated yearly on the last Monday in August. The country, on the 30th day of August, commemorates the "Cry of Pugad Lawin" by Filipino revolutionaries called the Katipunan led by its leader (Supremo) Andres Bonifacio. For history enthusiasts, just click through the links I've provided to read more about the terms. 

I believe though that more than the historical value, there is a need to spread the true meaning of heroism, not just in the country but throughout the world. Locally, there is a need for more vigilance on the part of the citizens to ensure that there is good governance of the nation. We've known this for a long time, but what have we actually done about it? There is a need for more helping hands in various sectors of the country as the nation's underprivileged abound. I do hope that something is already being done to improve this. So, I hope that in addition to enjoying the holiday, you're also thinking of ways of helping the country on its way to progress. After all, great things start from small beginnings. Enjoy your day! Till next blog.. ta-tah! ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for visiting and I'd love to hear from you... ^_^