Friday, August 6, 2010

Sleep..Sleep..Sleep!


Sleep!!! Ah, one of my favorite terms. Even more, it's definitely one of my favorite pastimes as well. :) It's almost the weekend once again. One of the things that I love most about the weekend is having the spare time to sleep longer than usual. Sometimes we get caught up in the hustle and bustle of daily life that we don't have much time for anything else. That includes sleep! Well, I would admit that I'm a late sleeper. On weekdays, I don't usually sleep earlier than midnight at the very least. I don't know why but I just feel like maximizing my awake time. I remember when I was younger,  my mom used to scold us for waking up late on weekend mornings. Back then, I would stay up late 'coz of school work. As it turned out, those extra hours of sleep on weekends was actually good for me. I came across this interesting article. It read "Lying in at the weekend boosts your brain power, study shows." The article claims that those who get extra hours of sleep during the weekend tend to wake up more refreshed on Monday morning. That's when most are expected to get back to work or school. Hmmm, no wonder I did quite well in school back then. I got my extra boosts of sleeping till noon. LOL! ^_^ Well, nowadays, I work on alternate Saturdays, so I then only have once a week to sleep in. Still I'm thankful for that. My most favorite times are those when I didn't need to rush. Those times that I can just sit around and not do anything. Everyone needs a quiet time or two once in awhile. For me, that's maintaining balance and order in an otherwise busy schedule. I truly miss working from home. :p Well, do enjoy your weekend but remember not to stay up too late! You'll need to sleep in to recharge from the week's activities! Till next time... Ta-tah! ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for visiting and I'd love to hear from you... ^_^