Wednesday, August 11, 2010

When It Rains……

                                                  
it pours! ^_^ Ever heard of that expression? I have! Often too! Upon looking it up on Google, I realized how a lot of people actually have a negative connotation about the phrase. Some even referred to a string or series of unfortunate events or circumstances. I, on the other hand, choose to look at it in a positive way. Admittedly, there are times in your life when you get a lot of good offers, and you don’t want them to end. It’s one of those times at the moment for me. I’ve recently just accepted freelance tutorial jobs. The timing couldn’t be more perfect. Somehow I’ll need to work around my busy schedule in order to enjoy the same things I’m enjoying. But what the heck! Opportunity knocks once so I’m grabbing it. :D


Wait! That’s not all there is to this blog. I actually got curious and wanted to find out more about the origin of the saying. I found this link that offers an explanation for “It never rains but it pours.” From there, it took me to a company that first used the saying “When it rains it pours” in its ad campaign. That company is Morton Salt. Back in 1914, the famous Morton Umbrella Girl and slogan, “When it rains it pours” first appeared on the blue package of table salt and in a series of Good Housekeeping magazine advertisements. As it turned out, the famous saying was based on the old proverb previously mentioned.

                                                  
And so there goes another blogging day… I hope you learned something new today. Till next time! Ta-tah ^_^ 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for visiting and I'd love to hear from you... ^_^