Thursday, August 26, 2010

Venus of the Universe

Yup! You guessed it right. If you're up-to-date with the latest headlines, I'm referring to none other than 2010 Miss Universe 4th Runner-up Venus Raj. Honestly, I'm not a huge fan of beauty pageants. So why am I blogging about it? LOL! Well, for one thing it has been a while since a Philippine representative ever made it to the finals of an international beauty contest, esp. one as prestigious as the Miss Universe pageant. The news actually came as a breather from Monday's tragic hostage taking event in Manila. I didn't get to watch the pageant per se, but I read news articles about it. I've also seen a few clips from the news. 

Raj was asked by American actor William Baldwin during the question-and-answer portion about the biggest mistake she made in her life and what she did to correct it. Her reply may not have been the most brilliant one, but what do you actually expect from a 22-year old who hasn't lived her life to the fullest? To me, questions like that require deeper thought, if you want an intelligent answer, that is. On t.v. last night, several clips were shown about public personalities who were asked the same question in the past. That included former President George W. Bush. Even he commented to the press that they should have written that question and handed it to him in advance so that he could answer it well. One t.v. personality said he wouldn't answer it in front of the camera. LOL! ^_^ Tough huh? It was made even more difficulty by the fact that the whole world is watching. 

Venus Raj's reply to the question: "You know what, sir, in my 22 years of existence, I can say that there's nothing major, major problem that I've done in my life because I'm very confident with my family, with the love that they are giving to me." 

One thing for sure, Venus's reply caught on. "Major, major" is talk of the town. Even I find myself using the expression sometimes. LOL! ^_^ She's back in the country early today. I would expect there would be a 'major, major' welcome for her in her hometown in Bicol! :p With that said, till another blogging day! Ta-tah! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for visiting and I'd love to hear from you... ^_^