Sunday, September 25, 2011

Filipino-Chinese Schools Celebrate Teacher's Day 2011

Filipino-Chinese schools in the Philippines observe Teacher's Day annually on Sept. 28th. This coincides with Confucius's birthday. Confucius is a great Chinese philosopher, thinker, and educator who is honored for his many contributions in education. I found a good article if you want to read more about the topic.

Anyway, for this year, my private tutees won't have classes tomorrow, Sept. 26th and on Tuesday, Sept. 27th in order to celebrate this occasion. I'm sure the children are joyous to be taking a break from classes and school work. It's going to be work as usual for me, though. School break is a perfect time to catch up on enhancing my students' skills that are lagging behind. ^_^

It's a perfect time to stop and thank all the teachers who have made a difference in our lives. I know that I personally want to thank more than a few of them. ^_^

Happy Teacher's Day
to all the wonderful
teachers!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for visiting and I'd love to hear from you... ^_^