Thursday, October 7, 2010

R.S.V.P.

If you've ever been invited to any functions at all, you're sure to be familiar with R.S.V.P. What does it mean and what exactly is it? Perhaps the reason why I thought of writing about it is that I'm in charge of receiving RSVP calls at the office at the moment. The company has sent out invites to clients, friends, and other VIP's for an important event to take place around mid next week. 
According to wikipedia, in the context of social invitations, RSVP is a request for a response from the invited person. It is derived from the French phrase répondez s'il vous plaît, meaning "Please respond." Over 100 invites have been sent out. I naturally expected myself to be busy responding to calls from all those who have been invited. However, it seems that not everyone is familiar with RSVP. It is six days before the event and I have but received around only a dozen respondents. Well, perhaps a number of them confirmed attendance or non-attendance via a less formal way like talking to the bosses directly. LOL! ^_^ Well, in the event that you're invited to any event, remember to respond when you see an RSVP. I believe that's plain courtesy. :p Till next blogging time.. ta-tah! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for visiting and I'd love to hear from you... ^_^