Monday, March 16, 2015

Going Gaga Over Diego Loyzaga

Arrgghh! I have every reason to react this way! And why not? I'm definitely too old -- overaged -- to be fangirling over a teen star. LOL! :) Yet, fangirling I am! I can't get over this M.A.C.Y. song since it was first featured on the show. It's now on my playlist that I keep playing over and over again!


Diego Loyzaga, plays Jay Fernandez a.k.a. Batman, on the Pinoy TV series Forevermore. He's a recent addition to the show. And I must say, I have started watching the show again because of his character. Jay, I suppose, is pegged to be the third wheel to the Xander-Agnes tandem, played by Enrique Gil and Liza Soberano.




I must admit that I have stopped watching most Pinoy TV series as the theme could be quite redundant. I initially watched Forevermore when it was first launched and quite liked it. However, when the going got too rough for the good people of La Presa, I stopped following much of the show. After all, who wants to be all stressed out with TV characters' problems when we do have reality to contend with. ?!#@%$

A month ago, a new beginning was introduced, and I started following the show once again 'coz of the Jay-Agnes tandem. Yup! I do look forward to the fresh start for the good people of La Presa and Agnes. But I guess that's too much to ask for. After all, the show also dwells on the clingy past and the people who can't seem to let go and move on, like Alex's ex-wife Cherie and Buboy's ex-wife Maritess. In Book 1 there was Xander's ex Kate, who thankfully was taken out of the picture now. But in Book 2 there's Xander who's trying hard to win Agnes back.

Well, I've got to admit that the show was a Xander-Agnes love story. But more than that, I believe that Forevermore applied more to the other cast of the show like Alex & Bettina -- Xander's parents -- and Buboy -- Agnes's dad -- & Mirasol. Their relationships have stood the test of time. As for the younger casts, I just hope that the Jay-Agnes tandem would be given a chance. But a part of me also knows that in the end, this is a Xander-Agnes show. That's life! :) However, since I do love the Jay character, I'd love to write a happy ending for him too... I hope the writers of the show treat him well! :)

Oh, and after Forevermore, would it be too much to ask for a new TV show for Diego???