Thursday, April 29, 2010

Bum No More


Main Entry: bum

Function : Verb

Inflected Form(s) : bummed; bum.ming

Etymology : probably back-formation from bummer

Date : 1863

intransitive verb

1 : loaf

2 : to spend time unemployed and often wandering - often used with around




Although I technically do not count myself in as a bum, I did work more on a freelance basis for the past two years. It's not something a lot of people would find financially satisfying, but it was quite relaxing and stress-free for me. I welcomed staying up late at night and waking up late in the morning. Well, what could I say? It had its perks. Since I'm not an outdoor person wither, my time was mostly spent net surfing or cable tv watching. I got good on playing games on facebook and got to watch practically all the good late night shows on cable. LOL ^_^ Like I said, it wasn't without perks. Ahhh but then necessity beckons, and it's summer break.. without a back-up plan and without the extra income, life sometimes sucks! So just this week, I started out working fulltime again. It sure would be something new for me. I have not really done office work in a long time. I do welcome the challenges. Plus, it's too early to tell how things will turn out. For the meantime, I intend to learn as much as I can and enjoy every time spent at the office. Now I can't wait till payday! LOL!!! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for visiting and I'd love to hear from you... ^_^