Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Escape from Reality (Features TV Shows I Get Lost in)

Okay, so I must admit I don't always just sit by my pc and play games on fb. What keeps me away? TV shows I like to watch! I get to be a bit choosy when it comes to watching TV shows. When bored, I'm usually just flicking channels till I come across something interesting. There are, however, some shows that I do prefer watching and would mostly tune in to them. In fact, I've even marked my calendar for these TV shows. Yup! That's a plural. That means it would take more than one article to talk about my faves. I'll start off with this new show which I've started watching last February. I tuned in mainly 'coz the trailer was so interesting and main lead's SO HOT!!! From where I am, we get it on Fox every Thursday night. It's none other than the show White Collar.


Starring : Matt Bomer, Tim DeKay, Tiffani Thiessen, Willie Garson
Plot Outline:
White Collar is about the unlikely partnership of a con artist and an FBI agent who have been playing cat and mouse for years. Neal Caffrey (Matt Bomer), a charming criminal mastermind, is finally caught by his nemesis, FBI Agent Peter Burke (Tim DeKay). When Neal escapes from a maximum-security prison to find his lost love, Peter nabs him once again. Rather than returning to jail, Neal suggests an alternate plan: he'll provide his criminal expertise to assist the Feds in catching other elusive criminals. Initially wary, Peter quickly finds that Neal provides insight and intuition that can't be found on the right side of the law.


I'm hooked to the show since I've seen the pilot episode. Let's face it, Neal Caffrey is HOT HOT HOT! I don't even mind if Matt Bomer is supposedly openly gay. I mean that doesn't change the fact that he's still one gorgeous hunk. Matt gives life to Neal's character and I would say it fits him to a T. The second episode wasn't as good as the first one, but the rest of the episodes get better. I like the fact that it's different from the other crime shows. I enjoy watching it a lot 'coz it's amusing, entertaining, and intelligent. There's not much of the gun-wielding violence to it. So far what they've shown on Fox are the first seven episodes. Then they're showing reruns. Good thing there's the Internet to view the rest of the seven episodes in the first season. The first half of the season may be good, but the second half really gets better. The season ended with a cliffhanger and now, I can't wait for the second season of the show.


Peter Burke and Neal Caffrey have this amazing chemistry that it's cool watching them work together. It's like their trust for each other is being tested in every episode. Neal is the kind of con guy that you would want to root for. He's a con man alright, but he's got this appeal that shows his good side as well. I love Elizabeth. She's such a supportive and loving wife to Peter. And then there's Mozi, Neal's con friend who's always there to assist him. Overall, I like the light theme of the show. If there's one show I'd watch when I don't want to get stressed out, this is it!
So while I'm waiting for the second season of White Collar, I'll indulge in my other fave shows. Next time around I'll talk about my number one fave show. Its fifth season is still ongoing and I'm just waiting for the finale before I can fully talk about it. ^_^ For the meantime, sit back, relax, and enjoy a show!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for visiting and I'd love to hear from you... ^_^