Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Family and Laughter

All right. Tonight was one of those nights when I couldn't quite place what I was feeling. I could go on and on and end up with tons of ramblings but still not make sense. Anyway, I couldn't quite sit still with this feeling of gloom and depression. What the heck! Since I'm used to staying up late, why not flick around the cable channels and look for something that will make me feel good. And perhaps in the process I'll find something to write about. Uh-oh! I'm still so new to this blogging thing and I'm already running out of ideas as to what to write. Nah! I think it may have something to do more with my state of mind than anything else. After all, I do have tons of ideas and topics for my blog that I even listed them in my journal. What I'm really looking for perhaps is the inspiration that will push me to write and actually enjoy the process. Okay, so back to channel flicking.. it's that night of the week when this new sitcom is showing.. Modern Family.

Modern Family is an American mockumentary comedy TV series. (source: wikipedia) I won't exactly consider it my favorite show but I certainly don't mind watching it at all. In fact I've been watching it once a week for the past two weeks or so. I've seen the teasers when they were plugging it, and it seemed interesting. I wasn't disappointed at all when I watched it as it truly made me laugh out loud! I don't know why but maybe it's because of the strangeness of the family dynamics of the characters. Well, strangeness is perhaps a relative term. The kind of family set-up featured may seem normal to some people, but it definitely isn't the norm where I come from. Bottomline is I enjoy watching it and it helped make me feel tons better after I've seen tonight's episodes. I guess, once again, it's proven that laughter is the best medicine. Surf around the web and you'll find tons of articles about the benefits of humor and laughter. I found a really good article on it from helpguide.org. It said that "Laughter is a powerful antidote to stress, pain, and conflict. Nothing works faster or more dependably to bring your mind and body back into balance than a good laugh. Humor lightens your burdens, inspires hopes, connects you to others, and keeps you grounded, focused, and alert." This I find to be true in my case as now I'm writing this blog. It is truly interesting how laughter somehow relaxed my mind and body. Laughter made me feel good. It somehow dissolved whatever distressing emotions I had at the start of the night. I'm just glad that I can laugh out loud and in the process, maintain a positive and healthy attitude. So for all you folks out there, when you feel that stress is eating you up, sit back, relax, and find yourself a good laugh. You'll feel better afterwards. ^_^ Here's to another day of blogging.. and keep the laughter coming!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for visiting and I'd love to hear from you... ^_^