Saturday, November 3, 2012

On Parenting and Raising Children

http://www.trippytext.com/ - Trippy Text

Yeppers, I'm usually a person who tries hard not to be controlled by my emotions. I've had quite a few years of practice already and I know I've always been able to control and handle anger or irritation. Perhaps it's that time of the month... but I do feel like writing just about now. Maybe I just wanted to vent or rant. Maybe that would help make me feel better. I don't know. 

You can say emotions are delicate. You don't want to say or write something when you're mad or you'll regret it later on. Oh believe me, I did try counting backwards from a million to one. It usually works to curb my anger. And now, I'd say it's working a bit.

I'm no guru when it comes to raising children, but I'm a mom of a teenager myself. Most of the things I knew as a parent, I learned either from reading parenting books or websites or through trial and error. My teen is not the most perfect kid in the world. Neither am I the perfect parent. But I would like to believe that I raised her rather well. 

I certainly didn't give in to her every whims and whams and what have you. Sometimes, it just totally pisses me when I see parents who just can't say NO to their children. Sometimes, children need to learn to handle it. Otherwise, you'll end up with a totally spoiled rotten child! ^_^

As a parent, you naturally want to give your child the world, if that is even  possible. However, doing that doesn't always guarantee that they will grow into well developed and well rounded individuals. So if you're a parent who sees no wrong in your child and just automatically gives in to everything, STOP! Do the world a favor.. learn to be a better parent and raise better children. I think that's what the world needs right now. 

Till next time... I will try to write about happier stuff next time around ^_^


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for visiting and I'd love to hear from you... ^_^