Thursday, July 8, 2010

Top 10: Reasons to Love Working from Home

Working from Home
I was actually thinking of what to write about today. Nothing seems to be coming up and I'm kinda stumped. But after a few clicks, voila! I found this really interesting article whose title is this blog's title. The writer was talking about some of her favorite things about working from home. I haven't even finished through the whole article when the thought hit me. Why don't I compare her experiences to mine? After all, I did go through two years of working freelance. Here are some of her favorite things and what I think about them:

1. No more 9 to 5 : She talks about not being confined or restricted to the conventional work day. I truly agree with this. You can start working any time of the day you wish. You can work some hours, rest some hours and resume for another few. Your time is more or less your own! Don't you love that? I kinda miss that now.

2. Less Chores on the Weekend : People who are confined to the conventional work day usually have the weekends to do their cleaning and chores around the house. Sometimes, life gets a bit too hectic as you can't really enjoy the weekend with all the cleaning up and laundry waiting for you. But if you work from home, you can just do chores and errands in between, any day of the week, any time of the day. You can actually have more fun during the weekend. Weekday or weekend won't have much difference anymore.

3. Higher Productivity : I love working when I'm most inspired. I simply take a break when I feel most tired or down. Working from home makes you enjoy the flexibility of working when you're at your peak.

4. Eat Better for Less : I actually beamed when I read this part. Considering how much I spend for lunch budget ever day, I appreciate the amount of money I actually get to save by preparing my lunch at home.

5. I Don't Work for the Weekend : Much like enjoying less chores on the weekend, there's somehow less distinction between a weekday and a weekend when you work from home. Each day is just simply a day to look forward to. You don't feel sad Sunday nights 'coz you have to go back to work on Mondays. You don't have to feel like the week is dragging on before it gets to be Friday. Basically, every day can be a Friday! LOL ^_^

6. Increased Concentration Levels : Working in an office can be distracting at times. There are so many issues, including office politics, that somehow affect your productivity. When you work from home, you can work without interruptions.

7. Greater Privacy : Ever get the notion that you're always being watched? That's kinda the feeling when you're working in an office. At home, you don't need to worry about gossipmongers and the like. Alas, the peace you do enjoy on a daily basis!!!! (Gosh, I'm missing working at home more than I thought! LOL!!!)

8. No Attitude or Political Drama : My, oh my! You can say that again!?! LOL! I mean, don't get me wrong. I like social interaction. I have no trouble relating to other people. But I do stay away from individuals who have nothing to do but badmouth other people behind their backs. Small minds.. I shun them. Lest I become one of them. :p

9. No Commute : Oh boy! I can imagine how much time and money I can save right now if I were working from home. I spend quite a lot on transportation cost, not to mention the time spent during commute. And then there are bad days and worst days when the metro trains are so jampacked!!!

10.Low Maintenance Wardrobe : I can wear whatever I want. There's this nice feeling that you don't always need to look nice for others. You can simply be who you want to be, not that I don't look nice naturally of course. LOL! But at least I don't need to spend much on expensive work clothes regularly.

Know what? Given another chance, I'd prefer working from home. I believe I need to include this in my goals so that I can prepare myself for eventually doing this on a fulltime basis. Well, wish me luck on that. For now, I enjoyed another day of blogging. I hope you enjoyed reading too! Till next time.. Ta-tah! ^_^



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for visiting and I'd love to hear from you... ^_^