Friday, September 17, 2010

What is email marketing?

Email marketing is the use of email in marketing communications. For those who are new to this concept, the term covers every email sent to a customer, potential customers, or even a public venue. It generally refers to sending direct promotional email to try and acquire new customers or persuade existing customers to purchase additional products. 

Ever wondered why email marketing is so popular? Well, everyone knows by now that sending email is much cheaper than most other forms of communication. It lets you deliver your message to people without having them visit your website. Plus, it has been proven to work by those who do it right. Benefits of email marketing can be found here. It works for a variety of reasons: 1) allows targeting; 2) is data driven; 3) drives direct sales; 4) builds relationships, loyalty and trust; and 5) supports sales through other channels.

I have to admit that I have lots to learn in terms of making money online. But like I previously mentioned, I’m on a journey... a journey to discovering possible ways of building residual income through the use of the Internet. Slowly but surely I’m trying to learn as much as I can. I’m reading through lots of articles and sites and familiarizing myself with concepts and terms involved. I guess you can say I found a new avenue of learning. Learning after all is a life-long process. I hope that I would be able to share more insights about my journey in the days and weeks to come. Stay tuned! For now, I leave you with another good resource on email marketing. ^_^ Till next  blog.. Have a great and fun weekend! Remember to spend it with your loved ones! Ta-tah! :D


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for visiting and I'd love to hear from you... ^_^