Friday, January 14, 2011

Did You Say 'Resolution'?

The start of the year is always a good time to draft one's resolution. We've heard it often enough, esp. at the turn of the year. Somewhere, somehow, someone almost always has a 'New Year's Resolution.' What does it mean? Resolution is defined as...

1. The state or quality of being resolute; firm determination.
2. A resolving to do something.
3. A course of action determined or decided on. (source: thefreedictionary.com)
 

Based on the above definitions, let me now ask you.. have you drafted your New Year's Resolution? I will be honest in saying that I haven't had one in a few years. I don't exactly recall when I stopped making one. I can't explain it either. There are just changes in life when you somehow stop planning and decide to 'go with the flow.' I may not have drafted a concrete plan, but I'd say that I do draft goals. Perhaps they qualify as "mini resolutions." I draft them and revise as I go along my journey. One thing is for sure, though, I intend to succeed in whatever field I choose to be in. After all, success requires hard work and determination. ^_^ This year is much like every other year that has come and gone. It always starts with hope and lots of good things one looks forward to. And you won't know till end of the year whether you have indeed accomplished everything you have set out to achieve for that year. 2010 wasn't very kind to me or my family. It started with the passing of my dad, something we totally didn't expect at all. The year then was spent on trying to cope with the loss and moving on with our lives. I was grateful for everything that happened for 2010, but know and believe in my heart that this year will be better for me and my family. I guess then my resolution for the year should be 'to make 2011 better than last year or other years past.' :D Well, more updates on my online earning journey in the coming days and weeks... If you want to know more, do visit my website too..





1 comment:

  1. After reading this I realise that I have not made any resolutions in a few years so this has sparked me into sitting down and making a list of what I want to do this year. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thanks for visiting and I'd love to hear from you... ^_^