Friday, November 4, 2011

Did You S.M.I.L.E. Today?

I wrote this post about a month ago at HubPages. That time, it got published and ran for around a month. Unfortunately, there are sites and directories that apparently prohibit commercial use. Thus, just recently, said post got "unpublished" due to "links to prohibited sites." Oh well, I just might as well publish it here. ^_^ My site is now four months old. 

**********

On a daily basis, I attend a small community group at a webinar called Branding the World Daily (daily 11am EST). It has become part of my daily activities for over three months now. In fact, it helped me a lot in starting out with my own self-hosted site. Yup, my site is also three months old today! Yey! ^_^

One of the lessons we learned at TE-Therapy was S.M.I.L.E. (Simply Maintain Integrity, Limit Excuses). That's pretty cool really. It helped me a lot in starting out my own email series. You see, I've had it in mind for awhile, but haven't really taken action. I'm glad I did too. In case you want to find out more about it, it's called "Keeping Up with Rain." Check it out for details --> It's Raining Gifts...Don't Miss Out!

Moving on, I've learned not only to come up with my own email series, but I've also come up with my own meaning for S.M.I.L.E. That is exactly what I'm sharing here today.
  • S-hare a smile

Why not brighten someone else's day today? Smile and make someone feel better.
  • M-ake a difference
We are but ordinary folks, but we can make a difference in our own little way. Support a worthy cause, join a campaign to help protect Planet Earth, and many more. Every little act can be huge when you put them together.
  • I-nspire others
"People may forget what you did, but they will never forget how you made them feel." - Carl W. Buechner. Wouldn't it be great to be a person everyone wants to hang out with because you uplift their spirits?It's more fun to have a positive attitude. It's healthy too.
  • L-ove love love
This does not pertain only to romantic love. Love yourself, love what you do, love the person that you've become. On top of that, love your family, friends, co-workers. Love the environment and everything else around you. They say love makes the world go round. Perhaps we just need to share more love to make this planet a better place.
  • E-xtend help
Extend help if and when you can. It would be great to be able to share one's blessings with others. Just as you've received help, it would be nice to pay it forward. Besides, you have to admit it feels good to know you've helped someone.

So now, I ask again... Did you S.M.I.L.E. today? It's not too late. ^_^



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for visiting and I'd love to hear from you... ^_^