Friday, March 18, 2011

Here Comes the 'SuperMoon'

Source SPACE.com: All about our solar system, outer space and exploration

I found this on twitter and thought I'd share it here too. With the recent rise in the number of natural disasters and calamities, people are truly interested in topics that point to what could be causing such incidents. Perhaps just like in the olden times, man tends to turn to natural or astronomical explanations. It's the FULL MOON tonight. I truly love it! This 'SUPERMOON' though is predicted to cause a really massive earthquake since the moon would be closest to Earth at this time. (I actually came across a blog once that discussed about earthquakes in relation to the moon's distance to our planet.) The prediction mentioned was supposed to be a strong earthquake hitting my country, the Philippines. If you search on Google, there are actually a number of articles, blogs, and what have you that have been written about the topic. I guess we can never know as to when the next disaster would hit. We can only do our best to prepare for worst case scenarios. Even Japan -- a country ready for strong earthquakes -- was not prepared for the devastating tsunami that followed. Instead of instilling fear, I would just encourage everyone to pray for safety from calamities and disasters. 

For those interested in reading more, here are some of the interesting sites I found:

In this age of information technology, it is so easy to spread hoaxes and false information. I hope that everyone still takes time out to research and read to know more about what's true or false. Be vigilant and try not to pass on false information. It's better to be safe than sorry! Have a safe weekend! Till next blogging time... Ta-tah! ^_^


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for visiting and I'd love to hear from you... ^_^